No post for Worldbuilding Wednesday this week–been too busy with holiday fun for writing one up. But have a list of my goals for 2015 because hey, writing these things down is a good thing to do.
I didn’t get as much published as I wanted in 2014. That’s a sad thing though not as sad as it could have been because I did publish quite a lot. I also learned a lot and I think my writing is stronger now that it was this time last year. At the very least I have some focused directions for working on my craft in 2015 and that’s good.
So, the goals:
1) Write a novel (over 35K) each month, 12 for the year.
2) Write a novella (under 35K) each month, again, 12 for the year.
3) Write at least one short story (from 1000 to 6000 words) each month, preferably more. If I can, I’d love to write a short story each week but I don’t think I’ll manage that.
4) Publish everything.
My plan is write the novel (January’s novel is set to be the third Manor ‘verse novel, Crafting Home) in one month and then proofread, edit and publish it in the next month. Novellas take less time so they can probably be done in the same month but may slide. Short stories take less than an hour all to proof, edit and prepare for publication so preferably they’ll be done the same week.
5) Get and learn to use Adobe InDesign. (I’ve put this off way too long. It’s time to buckle down and do it)
6) Get and learn to use Jutoh for creating ebooks. (Another one I’ve put off way too long)
7) Lose around 35 lbs and keep it off. I’ve been working on this one for several months and it’s going well. I’d love to be down to about 165 by next Christmas.
I have other things I’d like to accomplish, like publishing to traditional short story markets and starting to break even on my writing but those aren’t things that I can control. I can continue to work on my writing, improving my craft, and I can keep putting things out. So that’s what I’m going to do.
Happy New Year’s to you all! I hope you have a safe, happy and festive holiday and that 2015 brings you joy, love and security!