Today was my ‘get tons of sewing done before ECCC’ day. I did get a lot done, just not successfully in one case.
My husband is doing a costume from the old movie Logan’s Run. His robe is 98% done so that’s good. A little bit of hand sewing to do on it and he’s ready to go.
I needed a pair of pants and a vest for a Steampunk outfit I’m working on. Got them both cut out and the pants sewn together.
…Only to discover when I tried them on that I mis-measured the waistband and it’s 3″ too small.
It’s recoverable. The pants have deep pleats in the front that I can let out to cover the depth I need. It’s just embarrassing to get to the very end and then discover the mistake.
Oh well. I can fix it. I just wanted to have my new pants all done today.
Random post is random.